Rev. Edwin W. Ford

          1978 photo

Harmony Chapel in Phoenix, was founded in 1951 by Rev. Edwin W. Ford as Harmony Chapel, one of the first Spiritualist churches in the Valley.

         Rev. Ford integrated his church long before it was generally accepted.  He invited Rev. Nellie Mae Taylor to serve at Harmony Chapel.  She was an excellent medium and pastor who just happened to be Black.

     In the late 1980’s  a representative of NSAC  came out from New York  and  he  informed  them  that  they  could  not  display a picture ofJesus or the Bible. He was shown the door and hecut the church's connection with NSAC.